There aren't too many people who don't like paneer, an Indian homemade cheese. You won't be able to resist this colorful and simply delicious way to enjoy paneer. The combination of cumin, fennel, onion and mustard seeds puts a whole new twist on this protein packed dish! Watch this how to video and try this tangy Indian paneer recipe today.
Paneer - Approx 14 oz, cut into strips
Tomatoes - 4-5 medium (1 lb), chopped finely
Green Bell Pepper - 1 large, cut into stips
Oil - 2 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Onion Seeds (Kalonji) - 1 tsp
Fennel Seeds (Saunf) - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Ginger - 1 Tbsp, minced
Garlic - 1 Tbsp, minced
Green Chilies - to taste, finely chopped
Salt - to taste
Red Chili Powder - to taste
Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) - to taste, optional
Cilantro - finely chopped for garnishing
1. Heat oil in a medium non-stick pan on medium heat.
2. Add mustard seeds and allow them to pop.
3. Add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, onion seeds and allow them to sizzle.
4. Add turmeric powder, ginger, garlic, green chilies and cook for 20-30 seconds.
5. Add tomatoes and a little salt and cook covered (stirring frequently) until the oil starts to separate from the mixture and tomatoes have cooked down completely.
6. Add red chili powder and mix well.
7. Add paneer and carefully mix until all the pieces are well coated. Additional salt can be added at this time.
8. Add bell pepper, mix well, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes until bell pepper is cooked but not mushy.
9. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with chapati or roti.
Have an iPhone? Check out all 200+ new features coming in iOS 13.