Cream cheese is delicious on its own, but it tastes simply divine if you spice it up a little with some herbs. While this recipe for herbed cream cheese calls for using fresh herbs, if you don't have an herb garden you can use store bought herbs instead.
Check out the video to learn how to prepare herbed cream cheese with basil and organo.
The basic principle behind this recipe is to combine about 1/3 cup of minced herbs with 8 ounces of cream cheese.
* 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 1/2 cup fresh basil and oregano leaves (Any ratio will do. Oregano tends to be stronger than basil so you might want to use more basil.)
* 2 tablespoons chopped chives
* 2 tablespoons Italian parsley
* 1 clove garlic
* 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* lemon zest to garnish
Herb Cream Cheese Directions
Combine all the herbs, garlic, onions and lemon juice in a food processor. Blend until everything is finely minced.
Place the cream cheese and herbs in a mixing bowl and combine until evenly blended.
Serve garnished with lemon zest with crackers, toasted slices of French bread, sliced cucumbers, baby carrots and celery ribs.