In order to make Farmer‚Äôs Cheese at home, you will need the following: a Dutch oven, a plastic or wooden spoon, 2 pints of whole milk, a colander, cheese cloth, 1 cup of buttermilk, butcher‚Äôs string, spatula, 2 tsp of lemon or juice or vinegar, and ¬æ tsp of salt.
Place a colander into a clean sink. Line the colander with 3 layers of cheesecloth. Pour the milk into the Dutch oven and heat over medium heat. Heat milk to 175 degrees. Stir constantly. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. Stir. It should begin to curdle immediately. Let rest. When it has cooled, strain it in the colander. Tie it. Squeeze out the excess fluid. Tie it to a spoon. Allow it to hang and drain for 30-45 minutes. Empty the cheese into a bowl. Add salt. Mix it in with a spatula. Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours. Serve.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades