Sy West demonstrates making homemade cheese. She starts with one gallon of milk, one cup of white vinegar, the juice from one lemon half, salt and pepper and garlic salt. Sy recommends adding other spices at the end for a different taste. Heat the milk in a large sauce pan slowly to 168 degrees. It should take about fifteen minutes. Stir it often. When milk reaches 168 degrees remove it from the heat and slowly pour in the vinegar and lemon juice while stirring. The curd should start separating from the whey within several seconds. Let it stand off heat for about fifteen minutes. Then strain it through cheese cloth. Once the cheese is strained add desired spices and gently mix. For a soft cheese stop at this point. For a harder, more spreadable cheese, continue draining. To store, coat a bowl with olive oil and press cheese into the bowl.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades